Other activities on your winter holiday
Fabulous mountain experiences in all their variations!
Winter holidays in Saalbach-Hinterglemm don’t just mean a wonderful skiing experience, the region has far more to offer, and if you want a day off the skis, you will have a wide range of leisure activities to choose from. Winter holidaymakers and nature lovers will find something new to inspire them every day in the Glemmtal. Snuggle up in your down jacket, your favourite scarf and woolly hat, and enjoy some of the quieter winter moments.
- Cross-country skiing: this healthy sport strengthens the cardiovascular system and soothes the nerves, and the following cross-country ski trails are
- available in our region: Cross-country trail at the end of the valley (10 km) and the Hinterglemm high-altitude trail (2 km) – ride up with the Reiterkogel cable car
- Tobogganing: toboggan run on the Reiterkogel (3 km), the Kohlmais (2 km) or the Biberg (6 km) in the neighbouring Saalfelden. All the natural toboggan runs are illuminated in the evening.
- Winter hiking: on 140 km of groomed winter hiking trails through the enchanting natural landscape
- Snowshoeing: pristine fields of snow invite you to explore the most remote areas
- Ski touring: there’s nothing more exciting than to weave over the virgin mountain slopes bathed in the dazzling sunshine
- Horse-drawn sledge ride: marvel at the unique winter landscape with literally 2 horsepower – sense the nostalgia of a bygone age!
- Snowmobile: plough round a few laps over the 480 m course in Saalbach
- Snow quad: fun and adventure for the whole family on icy slopes in the Glemmy Offroad Park
- Treetop trail in the winter: cross the "Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps" on the highest treetop route in Europe! This special attraction is illuminated in the evening to create a bewitching atmosphere!